Oculus Quest 2 is the next-generation version of Oculus Quest, a virtual reality headset with one of the best VR gaming experiences. It was renamed to Meta Quest 2 by its creators Meta Platforms and has received positive responses from players and tech critics since its inception. Oculus Quest 2 is one of its kind VR system because it can either be used as a standalone device or paired with other gaming consoles or PC, which means that the users have more gaming options.
The creators of Oculus Quest 2 have left no stone unturned to make Oculus Quest 2 the massive success and following it currently holds. It can be set up using a smartphone and it’s just an additional point the creators wanted to address when producing the 1832 X 1920 resolution VR gaming device.
The biggest advantage of Oculus Quest 2 is its self-containment. Like many other VR gaming devices, this one stands out because you do not need (although you can) a different set-up to enjoy what Oculus Quest 2 has to offer. All a user needs to do is use a smartphone to set up the device. To start your VR action, make sure the VR headset is charged and the controllers are equipped with AA batteries.
We have a few recommendations that you should definitely try in case you already have an Oculus Quest 2 or intend to purchase one
- Go rock climbing with the VR: It may sound silly, but the Climb 2 available on Oculus Quest 2 is an experience you should not miss. It is a challenging and thrilling experience that will make you want to come back repeatedly to the game.
- Move your body: You know Oculus Quest 2 is so different from its competitors because it understands how sedentary VR systems can get. With its Supernatural workout app, Oculus Quest 2 will make you sweat like you have run on a treadmill for an hour.
- Laugh out loud from home: Oculus Quest 2 allows you to watch a comedy show or a concert from your comfort space without having to go to a crowded area. It makes you feel as if you are watching the show in real time and with real people. You can also choose a solo mode for a private experience
- Works with your computer: Creators of Oculus Quest 2 know the love you share with your personal computer. Probably a major reason why they let you connect the VR headset to your PC with the help of a cable sold separately
- Creativity here reaches new levels: Oculus Quest 2 is not just about playing games, You can access various apps that allow you to explore your creativity level. Vermillion is like a painting studio full of visual art supplies. This is just an example and there are more such apps you can access from the VR set for entertainment
These are just some of the amazing benefits offered by Oculus Quest 2 because there are more such adventures waiting for you to enjoy.
If you are somebody who doesn’t like to relish a good gaming experience on a small and restrictive screen, we have good news. You can cast Oculus Quest 2 on the big screen. Now that we have got you interested in learning more, read the next points to find the answer to how to cast Oculus Quest 2 on TV
There are two ways you can do it. One, using the headset itself, the second requires you to use a smartphone
Let’s first understand how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV using the headset
For this, make sure that the TV is switched on and so is the VR headset. Put on the headset and follow the steps mentioned below:
- On the control panel of the headset, click on ‘Share’. It looks like an arrow
- Once you have clicked the arrow, from the options available in front of you, select the option that says ‘Cast’
- It will provide you with a list of devices that the Oculus Quest 2 can be cast on. Select TV (or any other device that you want to cast the game too) followed by selecting the option ‘Next’
- If the device is correctly set up, you will get a notification that the casting has already begun
How can you be sure that Oculus Quest 2 is being cast to TV?
You will see a red dot present on the right side of your viewing area. It means that the recording has started. Whatever you see on Oculus Quest 2 headset will be shown on the TV
Now, it’s time to understand how to do the same using a smartphone
Before we get to the steps, make sure to download the Meta Quest 2 app on your phone, because without this, casting the VR games would not be possible.
If you are unfamiliar with the interface or find technical options a little confusing, this method is best suited to that case. Key pointers to remember when using a smartphone to cast the game on the TV
- You are logged into the app
- Your phone and the Oculus Quest 2 share the same Wi-Fi
Once all of this is in place, follow these steps!
- Open the application on your phone
- In the upper right corner, you will find the option ‘Cast’. It appears like a headset with the icon for Wi-Fi in the corner
- After choosing the ‘Cast’ option if you get a prompt to ‘Allow’, kindly do so
- From the list of options showing devices available for casting, select TV
- The last step involves choosing the option ‘Start’
With these simple steps, you will be able to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV with the help of a smartphone
Meta Quest 2 is designed to not only enhance the gaming experience but make the entire process of using and enjoying the systems the easiest way possible because nobody likes the hassle of going through technically-tedious tasks of setting up games. It kind of beats the whole idea of entertainment. The extremely user-friendly options available in Oculus Quest 2 are what make it stand out from the other VR games. If you were wondering ‘How to cast Oculus Quest 2 To TV’ the steps are really simple and will not take more than 5 minutes to follow.