Windows Defender is an in-built antivirus protection program in Windows 10 that offers a lot to its users in terms of usability, protection and performance. With the help of Windows Defender Antivirus, users can protect their system, files and data from viruses and malware, etc. However, sometimes due to some reason you may want to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10 but struggle to do so because you don’t know the steps and methods about ‘How to disable Windows Defender?’
Don’t worry! With the help of the below-mentioned three useful and effective methods, you can easily be able to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 home. You can try all three methods in order to know what works best for you from the listed methods in order to turn off Window Defender effortlessly. So, let’s get started:
Way one: Turn off Window Defender in Windows 10 From The Control Panel:
- First of all, open Windows Settings by pressing ‘Win + I’ together
- Then search for the Windows security app and click on it to open.
- There, hit on ‘Virus & Threat’ protection under its settings.
- After that, click on the ‘Manage settings’ option
- There, when you look at the right panel, you’ll be able to see the ‘Real-Time Protection’ toggle switch and an off-on button below it. So, all you need to do is choose that button.
- Doing so will finally turn off your Windows Defender Windows 10 real-time
Way Two: Use Local Group Policy Editor To Permanently Delete Windows Defender:
- At first, open ‘Run’ by typing together ‘Win + R’
- Then after typing ‘gpedit.msc’ in the ‘Run’ dialog, press enter in order to open the ‘Local Group Policy Editor’.
- Once opened, you need to systematically navigate through ‘Computer configuration’, ‘Administrative templates’, ‘Windows components’ to finally reach to ‘Windows Defender Antivirus’
- After that look at the right panel and find the ‘Turn off Windows Defender’ option in order to open it.
- Then, in that, click on the ‘Enabled’ box to finally disable Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Lastly, click on ‘Next’, ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’ buttons to finally save the changes and to restart the computer again. That’s it!
Way Three: Use Registry Editor To Disable Windows Defender:
First of all open Registry Editor using these steps-
- Type Windows key + R’ together to open ’Run’ command
- In that ‘Run’ dialog type ‘Regedit’
- After that ‘User Account Control’ will ask permission to open the Registry Editor, so click on ‘Yes’ to open it.
- Now, open ‘Windows Defender’ in the ‘Registry Editor’.
- After that, look at the right panel under ‘Windows Defender’ you’ll see there; ‘DWORD (32-Bit) Value’
- Name it as ‘Disable Antispyware’ and then press ‘Enter’.
- Now, you need to double-click on the newly created ‘DWORD’ to change its value from 0 to 1
- Lastly, click ‘Ok’ in order to apply the changes. Also reboot your system to check whether you’ve performed the steps correctly or not.