Oops! I got something wrong in my WhatsApp status and want to delete it. I know it will disappear after 24 hours, but I can’t wait that long. I want to delete it right now before anyone else sees it. There are many other people like me who do not know how to delete WhatsApp status before 24 hours.
So to find the answer to this question and help those people, I investigated the whole internet and came up with this article. Here, I’ll show you some steps for deleting your WhatsApp status before 24 hours.
I’ll also cover how to add a status, control who can view your status and more.
A case study:
WhatsApp has become a necessity in our everyday life, whether it is for entertainment or official purposes.
Till now, WhatsApp came with a lot of updates, including a status section between chats and call sections.
In the section, you can find all your friend’s statuses and can also create your own.
Every time you create WhatsApp status, it will vanish after 24 hours.
It is almost similar to the snap chat and Instagram stories. From the past few months, WhatsApp seems to be pushing in some exciting updates.
Most of the features are clones from the other apps. Every age group find the app interesting than any other app.
But many of the new users do not know how to delete WhatsApp status before 24 hours. Do not worry. This article will help you to do so.
How to delete WhatsApp status before 24 hours?
The WhatsApp status automatically after 24 hours, but if you want to delete it before 24 hours, check out the steps shown below.
- Open WhatsApp and visit the status section.
- Now, select the status that you want to delete.
- Tap on the horizontal three-dot icon next to your status.
- Again, tap on the vertical three-dot icon next to your status and select delete.
That’s it! You successfully deleted your status so quickly.
How to control who can view your WhatsApp status?
Yeah, it is in your hand to see who can view your WhatsApp statuses. You can do it with the status privacy settings.
Want to learn how to control who can view your WhatsApp status? Check out the steps I’ll show you below.
- 1 Open your WhatsApp and visit the status section.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner of your screen and select status privacy.
Three options My contacts, My contacts except and Only share with will appear on your screen.
- You can choose any one option to control your status privacy.
I’ll recommend you choose the only share with option. Because of this, you can select whom you want to share your status with.
- After choosing your option, tap on the green coloured Done button.
That’s it! Now, only those people can view your WhatsApp status whom you choose to see.
How can I set a photo or video as my WhatsApp status?
There are different ways to create a WhatsApp status. However, you can make a text status, or you can add a photo or video status.
- Open WhatsApp and tap on Status.
- Tap in My status.
- Now, you can press the shutter button to take a photo or hold it to take a video. On the other hand, you can also choose from the camera roll.
- Add a caption if you want to, and tap on the arrow send icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
After tapping on the send icon, you successfully posted the status on your WhatsApp.
Bonus Tip:- How to disable the WhatsApp status feature on your device?
If you do not want to receive any status from your loved ones, you can disable this status feature from your WhatsApp.
Below, we got the way to do it.
- Firstly, you need to force stop your WhatsApp by going to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp and then Force stop.
2. Open the root explorer app and go to Data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp.preferences.xml.
- Locate the key name Status_mode and change the value from 1 to 0.
Let me show you how;
You have to change the value 1 in <int name=”Status_mode” value=”1″/> to <int name=”Status_mode” value=”0″/>.
- After changing the value, click on the Save button.
Now, you successfully disable the status feature from your WhatsApp.
Hopefully, this article helps you know how to delete WhatsApp status before 24 hours. However, we’ve shown you almost everything about WhatsApp status updates. If you want to know more about this topic, feel free to ask.