Top Ways To Watch People’s IG Stories And Posts Without Letting Them Know
Secret Ways to watch IG Stories and Posts
Instagram Stories is currently one of the most liked and preferred channels for letting people know what is happening in everyone’s lives. Whether it be a road trip, a recently attended event, a performance, or a movie, most people find it impossible to resist publicizing these tidbits from their daily lives. But, viewers can’t help but check out the IG Stories of the people they follow. However, often people wish to watch Instagram Stories without letting them know. Instagram doesn’t notify users when someone has viewed one of their posts, but Stories function differently. The video and photo-sharing app lets users know how many people have seen a given story or post.
Yet, there are a few ways for anyone to view someone’s Instagram Stories covertly.
Viewing Someone’s Instagram Story Anonymously:
4 Reliable Ways
First things first: while there are ways to watch someone’s Instagram story covertly, none of them are perfect and each has disadvantages. After all, one aspect of this format that appeals to users is the ability to see who has seen one’s Instagram story.
Owing to this, choose carefully if one wants to view IG stories in secret. Is maintaining confidentiality really that important? The viewer of the IG story may potentially drive the viewer’s name to the bottom, where the creator may simply miss it if the story’s creator has thousands of followers.
Still wish to be unknown? Ok, no problem, let us see how this can be done!
1. Viewing Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing Using the Airplane Mode
Smartphone users can effectively switch off their internet connection and provide the necessary privacy for Instagram story watchers by switching to airplane mode.
Preloading the stories or movies viewers want to watch, activating airplane mode, and then enjoying them are the best courses of action. To avoid being discovered, close the Instagram app before switching the jet on again.
2. Viewing Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing Using a Half-Swipe
Although there are better ways to see Instagram stories, users can use this trick if they don’t want to use airplane mode for whatever reason.
Open the Instagram app and choose the user’s profile sign from the story section at the feed’s top to view their story. Tap to open the next story right away. Gently and without letting go, move the finger backward while holding it.
Now users can see the story they meant to see. Keep the finger tight; if not, the user’s target story will contain the perspective. Carefully scroll back to the starting page after carefully reading the story.
This method will be successful if the target IG user’s story is an image; but, users won’t be able to watch it if it’s a video.
3. Viewing Someone’s IG Story Without Them Knowing Using a 3rd Party App
Users may discreetly see IG stories using different third-party websites and applications. Some of them merely require users to input the Instagrammer’s username if they want to get in touch with them. Readers can access the story even if the user has blocked them since they don’t need to have their own social network account to do so. The issue? The profile whose story users want to view must be open to the public.
4. Watching Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing Using Another Account
The option to create a nameless or anonymous Instagram account is available to users who wish to go above and beyond. If the target person’s account is private, viewers would obviously need to get to know them first. One alternative is to ask someone else to help users see the important tale from their perspective. A picture of the story that was taken might also be given to users by them.
5. Hiding Instagram Stories from Everyone Except One Individual
Without choosing the “close friends” option of status, which offers a green ring around the user’s submitted status, we frequently feel the need to upload IG stories for a specific person. Users can then tweak their posts to certain individuals or check to view if a friend has viewed their Instagram stories. Users can achieve this by reading our in-depth guidance on hiding their IG Stories to suit their needs.
Installing Chrome Extension to Secretly See Instagram Stories
If users are using IG on a computer, the online shop of Google Chrome also offers a number of useful plugins to read Instagram stories covertly. Follow these steps to finish this using the Ghostify Extension.
- Put the Ghostify browser extension on.
- After that, click the “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension.
- Users can access the installed extension by choosing the extension tab on the top toolbar.
- Use the Ghostify extension’s toggle for hiding the user views when reading Instagram stories.
- Also, log in to the user’s Instagram account on the user’s desktop and then use this extension to read any stories.
- Viola! A user could view an Instagram Story without increasing the number of views it has received.
- Users can also use the ‘Hiddengram Chrome Extension’ option to obtain equivalent results.
Creating Anonymous Account to Watch Instagram Stories In secret
- The most effective technique to view other people’s Instagram stories secretly is to follow them and use an anonymous account. By using these easy procedures, users can make a different Instagram account.
- After opening the Instagram app on a smartphone, long-press the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- When pressing Add Account, choose the Create fresh account option.
- Choose a name for this brand-new Instagram account.
- Create a strong password for this brand-new Instagram account after that.
- Enter the details (like the user’s birthday) and hit the Complete Sign-Up button to complete the creation of this new account.
- On the page that follows, upload a profile picture. Then, click the profile of the person whose story users wish to view.
- Try clicking the Follow icon to see their Instagram stories.
- Users can simply switch between accounts by holding down the profile symbol at the bottom of the app screen for a long period.
The Last Lines
Staying in touch with friends and all of their updates about their lives on Instagram is a wonderful tool. Instagram photographs, reels, and stories have entrenched themselves into daily lives. Most people would instead remain silent and just scroll through feeds on social media while we publish intimate details of our lives there. Instagram doesn’t let us know if someone has seen Instagram posts, yet the Meta-owned app lets us know if someone has seen our stories. When someone accesses the holding account, they can find out how many people have changed a narrative.
How to Delete WhatsApp Status?
Jio Chat and Its Credibility’s
Need free Instagram like and Free Instagram Followers? Try the GetInsta App
About The Author
Hi, I'm Pratap Patil and I am a Tech Blogger from India. I like to post about technology and product reviews to the readers of my blog. Apart from blogging love to travel and capturing random faces on street.