Painting your House can be Easy, want to know how?
Years after building a house, the time comes when people plan to give their home a fresh coating of paint. Making enough preparations before beginning the painting process is a must. If house members have the time and don’t care about the stains and smells that come along with paint, they may be able to complete the task themselves without the need to engage a professional painter. There are a few ideas and tricks that may be used to accomplish this, whether painting the interior or exterior of a house painting.
Painting should be done correctly and with care since it may be a time-consuming and costly process.
Before painting their homes, homeowners need to keep the following in mind:
Focus on the INTERIOR of the Home
1. Priming the Walls is Essential
Some paints already have a primer mixed in, while others do not. Before purchasing paint, make careful to ask the paint store for the specifics on whether it is pre-mixed or not. If the paint isn’t already mixed with a primer, painters must first prime the walls to hide any chips, stains, cracks, holes, and colors that may already be present. That will make sure that the top paint coat will better stick for perfect results.
2. Latex Paints can be Used
These paints are water-based. Although painters can use such paints on exterior walls, they are most suitable on interior walls. They are mainly excellent for indoor painting due to their impeccable color retention, environmental friendliness, and quick drying time. Moreover, they can endure wetness in places like the laundry room, bathroom, and kitchen. Oil-based paints emit more offensive scents than latex paints do.
3. Preparing the Room First Helps
It is perfect if homeowners have not yet moved into the home or if they have not started interior design projects. If they have, it is preferable to complete everything prior to starting the home painting process. This comprises moving every piece of furniture aside from the walls and taping old newspapers or plastic sheets to the furniture to hide it. Also, owners must use putty to seal any fractures in the wall. (this can also be done during the priming of the walls)
4. Larger the Quantity, ‘The Best’ for Uniformity
In most situations, this is caused by unevenly mixed paint tins (in case painters are selecting a paint that needs to be blended for any specific color), but occasionally, the painter may paint the walls with the matching color but they finally end up with variable color intensity. It is preferable for the painter to combine all the paint into one huge bucket and stir everything together for a uniform, smooth, and more consistent color rather than painting one tin or can at a time. Make sure the bucket can be sealed to keep the paint for the subsequent painting days.
Focus on the EXTERIOR of the Home
1. Properly Clean Walls are Important
It’s possible that the paint won’t stick to filthy walls. To ensure the success of the painting endeavor it is crucial that painters clean the external walls of the home. If they are hired and paid, make sure the professional painting company chosen power washes every wall before they begin the real painting. One cannot be sure how clean their external walls are, even if they appear clean, since the weather factors constantly contaminate them.
2. Avoid Painting during Extreme Weather
Due to the bitter cold, painting outside walls in the winter will result in uneven drying of the paint. Also, the paint will dry sooner in the sweltering summer weather, which might not result in the smoothest of outcomes. Always be sure to speak with the paint provider about the best time of year to begin the painting project to enjoy a flawless finish.
3. Never Paint Rotten Siding
Before starting to paint, get a siding specialist to replace any decaying wood and siding materials. Irrespective of how many coats of paint need to be applied, damaged or rotting siding will continue to degrade. If the siding is just a little bit rotten, painters can be asked to use a wood hardener to stop the rotting.
4. Oil-Based Paints Should be Used
These paints are thicker than water-based oils since they contain natural oils or synthetic alkylate. They have the durability to handle extreme outside weather conditions. Note that painters must wear a nasal mask when painting since the oils in these paints give out a suffocatingly strong stench. The paints also dry quite slowly due to the oils.
How Does a Professional Painter Help? Why Hire?
Hiring a qualified painter or a reputable house painting business for the home has several advantages. There are several steps involved in a good painting project, from making the surfaces ready to select the correct colors and paint.
Below are 7 reasons why one must hire an expert house painting company to paint homes.
- The Right Preparation: A good house painting project requires careful planning. To guarantee that the paint adheres properly and lasts longer, professional painters are knowledgeable on how to rightly prepare patch holes, surfaces, and sand rough places.
- Expertise & Experience: Professional painters are skilled individuals who have years of expertise. No matter how big or little the painting project, they have the know-how to do it successfully.
- Quality Products: The greatest paints and tools are available to professional painters, so the property will be painted to a top standard. Also, they are adept at choosing the best products for specific requirements, resulting in longer-lasting and better-looking paint.
- Saves Time: Homeowners save time by working with a seasoned house painting firm. They won’t need to invest hours in supply shopping, product research, or surface preparation. All of this will be handled by experts, freeing up the owner’s time for more important activities.
- Proper Safety: If suitable safety measures are not performed, house painting could be a risky undertaking. Professional painters are trained, equipped, and experienced to complete the task securely.
- Cost-Efficient: Although it might seem like an additional expenditure to hire a professional painting business, doing so will really end up saving the owners money. The paint will stay longer and look much better if high-quality supplies and effective methods are used. This will save money on subsequent painting projects.
- Results are Guaranteed: A competent painting business will guarantee that the work is done correctly. If there are any problems, they will undertake the accountability for owners since they provide a warranty on their job.
Conclusion – Safety is Must!
If any homeowner is not an expert, they are undoubtedly extremely concerned about the risks associated with house painting. It can be highly dangerous to access very high portions of a building when painting. Professional painters are outfitted with the necessary tools and are trained to operate at such heights. Anyone can try their hand at painting and do a satisfactory job of it. However, owners can only receive happiness from a job well done by professional painters.