5 Methods Help To Fix Windows 10 Updates Stuck On Restarting
Let’s confess we all have experienced Windows 10 Update Stuck. Windows 10 keeps restarting to finish installing the new update over and over again. After each restart, the installed update history says ‘Requires a restart to finish installing’. It is nerve-wrecking for us, isn’t it?
But do not panic! There are some methods available that can help fix the ‘Windows 10 upgrade keeps restarting’ issue. So, the quick navigation to its solutions is as follow:
- End Process of Failed program in Task Manager: Sometimes the issue may be caused by a failed program in Task Manager. Try to end hanging programs in Task Manager. In order to end the task you need to follow:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
- Now in the Task Manager, end all the running programs.
After ending the tasks, the issue may get fixed on its own. But if the problem presumes, follow the next-listed method.
- Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter It will help you clean up unused files and perform maintenance tasks, and in turn enhance the performance of the PC. To run it, follow the steps:
- Press Windows logo key, enter Troubleshooting and choose the best suitable.
- Now, choose System Maintenance from the options and click Advanced followed by checking the Apply repairs automatically.
- Next, Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
Once the process of troubleshooting is done, check for any missing components and replace if required.
- Run StartupRepair: download the Windows 10 ISO and download a Media Creation tool to create Windows 10 installation media and then perform Startup Repair. When the process is done, you may restart your computer and see if Windows 10 update stuck on restarting ends or not.
- Regenerate the Software Distribution Packages inWindows Update: many revealed that the Windows Update Stuck problem is possibly due to very old Windows Update files. So, to fix this problem, you just need to regenerate the Software Distribution packages in Windows update because these packages will allow Windows update to check the updates for all the installed programs and software from the beginning.
- Install LatestWindows 10: Still, if the above methods do not work for your computer, try to install the latest Windows 10, but before that, you should back up the system disk by using MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition. It is a reputable and reliable partition management software, not only backup system disk but also enable you to create, delete, format or copy partitions, migrate OS to SSD and so on, and they do no harm to your Computer.
That’s the complete guide for how to fix Windows 10 keeps restarting after update. Hope one of these methods can help you get out of the trouble. Furthermore, it is advised to perform each of the methods one by one and find which suits you the most. But if the situation is not improving even after trying all the given methods, contact the Microsoft support and get immediate assistance to control the counter effects of the update problem.