Who doesn’t like free things and there is nothing wrong with it. We work hard day in and day out to fulfill our dreams no matter how big or small they may be. If on one of the lucky days, we can get our hands on things or services that do not burn a hole in our pockets, we must know that we deserve it. But someone rightly said, “there is no such thing as a free lunch”. Everything comes with a cost. We may not realize it because not all costs are monetary and it is difficult to analyze the non-monetary costs. Today’s topic of discussion in Myflixer and what’s all the rage about it. Keep reading because we have compiled a list of everything you need to know about Myflixer – the good and the bad!
Myflixer is a free online platform that lets you watch or download movies and tv-series without any charges. Yes! It is an absolutely free online service with a library of more than 1000 movies and series that can not only watch with a live internet connection but can also download to be watched at a later time. Myflixer is a relatively new website and it gained a lot of popularity during the pandemic.
Now you might wonder, why are we paying hundreds of dollars every month to Netflix, Disney Hotstar, Hulu Plus Live TV, Apple TV, or any other website of your choice? As already mentioned, every coin has two sides. Myflixer offers only pirated content and the website is blocked in many countries due to content copyright issues. Myflixer does not hold the authentic right to showcase a movie or a tv show unlike other big brands like Netflix that legally collaborate with producers of the entertainment program.
Myflixer is not the only channel that displays pirated content. There are many other websites or links that consumers use to watch their favorite movies without having to pay for them. But most of these sites get banned as soon as the entertainment regulatory bodies are made aware of it. Myflixer is extremely new in the business but with growing popularity, it is bound to gain the attention of law agencies and may be completely banned.
However, the people at Myflixer are pretty smart as they keep changing the domain name of the website to avoid getting caught. Some of the domain names used by them are
If you wish to stream any movie on Myflixer, you can try accessing one of the domain names and hope that the site is not blocked by your internet service provider.
Let’s talk about some of the reasons why people prefer Myflixer over other free websites
- The first and foremost reason has to be its ‘no charge’ services, You can practically watch more than a thousand programs, including TV shows and movies without spending a single penny
- The content on Myflixer is ad-free. Obviously right? Why would a company advertise on a site that runs pirated copies?
- Since it is free of charge, the user does not need to enter any kind of card details
- Currently, the site is accessible in almost 35 countries
Getting down to listing the reasons why you should avoid using Myflixer
- All of the entertainment programs that you watch on the website are pirated versions. Providing, watching, or being a part of pirated content is illegal in many countries and can have serious repercussions if someone is caught indulging in the same
- The website already has various complaints filed against it by big brands and large production houses. It is a matter of time before the website will be banned completely
- Once you open the website, your screen will be filled with numerous pop-ups which can not only get irritating but you end up accidentally clicking on one of them which can make your system vulnerable to data theft
There is one point worth mentioning. The website in itself does not lead to any malware or virus attack on your system. It is completely safe to use if you do intend on trying it. It is also critical to note that the pop-ups may not be safe and can cause the computer system to break down.
If you are a Mac user, you should definitely read the next few pointers if you plan to visit the website. We highly recommend not even trying it.
As soon as you open the Myflixer website, the webpage will ask you ‘Please accept Push Notifications so we can alert you once the streaming issue has been resolved.’ If you end up pushing the notification, your screen is going to be filled with pop-ups and advertisements and even if you close the window or ignore it, the entire browsing experience is going to get ruined.
To get rid of the virus from the Macbook, you will have to close all of the web browsers that you generally access from your laptop.
To close browsers on Safari:
- Open the Safari browser
- Go to ‘Preferences’, followed by the ‘websites’ option
- Scroll down on the sidebar and click on ‘Notifications’
- You will see the option ‘Myflixer’. Click on it and select Remove
To close browsers on Chrome:
- Launch the Chrome browser
- Go to ‘Preferences’, followed by ‘Security and Privacy’ and ‘Site Settings’
- Go to ‘Notifications’ that will lead you to ‘Allowed to send notifications’. Locate the option that says ‘Myflixer’. Click on the three dots next to it and press ‘Remove’
To protect your system from any virus attack that may come with the website, you can try one of the options listed here
- Using a good quality antivirus software
- Avoid clicking on any suspicious pop-up or advertisement
- Visit only the main Myflixer websites since there are many clone sites as well
- If you don’t trust a file on the website, avoid accessing it
With this, we come to the end of everything you need to know about Myflixer – the good and the bad!
Our final words:
We know that the word ‘free’ can get tempting and one may want to visit the website. However, as responsible citizens of the country, we should try and avoid any site or link that offers pirated content. A lot of people who are involved in creating entertainment content spend time, energy, money, and other resources to bring a smile to your face and we can definitely shell out a few extra bucks to bring one of theirs. If you do end up using the site, make sure your data and system stay protected from all sorts of malware.