What is a vacuum cleaner?
Avacuum cleaneris a device that uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors, and from other surfaces. In this machine, the dirt is collected by either a dustbag or a cyclone for later disposal. It is used in homes as well as in industry. While it exists in a variety of sizes and models—small battery-powered hand-held devices, wheeled canister models for home use. Just like that domestic central vacuum cleaners, huge stationary industrial appliances that can handle several hundred liters of dust before being emptied, and self-propelled vacuum trucks for recovery of large spills or removal of contaminated soil.
Grab the best vacuum cleaner now
Types of the Vacuum cleaner
It depends on the vacuum cleaner physical shape and their purpose.
- Canister vacuum cleaner
- Upright vacuum cleaner
- Stick vacuum cleaner
- Handheld vacuum cleaner
- Robotic vacuum cleaner
Canister vacuum cleaner
- This is the most popular in India. It contains a cylinder integrated with motor pump and storage container, bag.
- Its cylinder is connected to the suction nozzle with the hose and the pipe that provides suction power.
- While the cylinder is mounted on wheels so that user can carry easily throughout the home.
Upright vacuum cleaner
- The vacuum cleaner is in an upright position. This is a common product in foreign while in India it is less popular.
- Due to its vertical position, so it will a good option if you don’t want to bend a lot while vacuuming, cleaning.
Read: Home decoration ideas
Stick vacuum cleaner
- Stick vacuum is an upright vacuum cleaner. It is a quite compact size and lightweight.
- It is very easy for maneuverability and its versatile design makes it clean hard to reach places like underneath furniture and stairs too.
- The person who is suffering from back bending pain then the stick vacuum cleaner is the perfect choice for them.
Handheld vacuum cleaner
- Handheld vacuum cleaners are compact and handy in size. It is less powerful but they are capable to clean tricky places like a curtain, car interiors.
- While some of the new models have the inbuilt battery so that can be carried all over the home without worrying about large size cable tangles.
- Moreover, These vacuum cleaners are equipped with a disk filter made up of paper or cloth traps dust particles.
Robotic vacuum cleaner
- Robotic vacuum cleaners are disk-shaped, which are battery powered and capable to move.
- It can vacuum all over on your floor without human intervention by using its advanced hardware, software technology.
- These vacuum cleaners are flexible to clean all your mess. For cleaning you don’t need to stay at home what you have to do is just schedule it.
- You do not need to charge is as on lack of battery charge it goes to its power docking station and charges itself, again starts vacuuming,
Difference between Bag or bagless vacuum cleaner
It depends on the where and how collected dirt stored in the vacuum cleaner. There are two categories in this type:-
- Bagged vacuum cleaners
- Bagless vacuum cleaners
Bagged vacuum cleaner
These type 0f vacuum cleaners are equipped with a dust bag in its body, in which collected dust, dirt stored in that. When the dust bag is full it can either empty the bag or replace the bag. It depends upon the vacuum cleaner bag reusability vacuum cleaner bags which is divided into two categories.
- Reusable bags
- Disposable bags
These bags can be emptied on full and reuse again but most of the reusable bags are washable so that you can wash the bag when it’s required to avoid dust, dirt clogging. You can use them multiple times so you don’t need to purchase bags again and again. But they have also limited reusability so it depends on the usage that when you have to replace it.
You can use them only them for once. When the bag is full of dust and the dirt you have to replace the bag. This gives you freedom from exposing to dust, it will a great feature if you are asthma, allergic patient. But it is additional overhead as you have to spend hundreds of rupees for a new bag.
Bagless vacuum cleaner
Bagless vacuum cleaner contains plastic container so that the collected dust stored in that. When the container is full of containers, you have to unmount it and dump the dirt into the dustbin.
Types of the bagless vacuum cleaner
Filtered bagless vacuum cleaner:- Filtered vacuum cleaner is used to trap the dust particles which has been blocked by the filter and fresh, filter air push back into the home.
Cyclonic bagless vacuum cleaners:- Cyclonic vacuum cleaners use cyclonic action to separate dirt and dust particles from the air and fresh the air push back into the home.
The filters of the Vacuum cleaner
The vacuum cleaner is used to suck the dust particles by pulling in air. But in this process air have to exhaust out so it might be released back into a home along with the air. For avoiding these problems, the air pulled by vacuum cleaner passed through the filter which can block and trap dust particles and releases fresh air back into the home.
The HEPA filter can remove 99.999% of dust, dirt particles of size 0.3 microns. Also, it is made up of glass fiber are arranged in a mesh manner that can block, trap very minute particles. If someone is suffering from asthma or allergy sufferer then he should go with the HEPA filters. HEPA filter can remove bad odor, unpleasant smell.
Foam filters are the secondary filter which takes primary filter air as input and removes, blocks dust particles then release fresh air back into the home. You can wash foam filter so that you can use multiple times. While Some of the filter manufacturers use Microfresh combo with foam filter which is a non-hazardous chemical compound. This compound can prevent the formation, development of fungus and bacteria.
Activated Carbon filter
Activated carbon used to remove the unpleasant smell, bad odors. This is a secondary filter which can be used with the main filter that’s why it is sometimes known as pet filter.
These filters are pre-filter which protects other major filters like HEPA filter from clogging by large size dust particles which reduce the lifetime of other filters. It is a long durable filter which is washable and you don’t need to replace these filters regular basis. Noe the upcoming model of the cloth filters are integrated MicroFresh chemicals so that it can avoid the formation of fungus.
These filters are made up of paper or cloth which are used in small size vacuum cleaners such as handheld, stick or robotic vacuum cleaners.