I do not like anyone peeping into my mobile without my permission. That’s why I always keep my phone locked with a pattern lock. A pattern lock is a helpful thing that prevents your device from an unauthorised use. But one day, it put me in a lot of trouble. What happened was I forgot my pattern lock, and I tried many times to unlock my phone. But all the time, the pattern was wrong.
And then after many wrong attempts: my phone locked permanently. I got more frustrated now and was not getting how to unlock pattern lock. Then I got on the internet and started finding an answer to this question. So what do I see on the internet is that I’m not alone going through this problem.
So I thought, why don’t I write an article on this topic to help those other people who got stuck in this situation like me. I investigated the whole internet and came with four simple ways to unlock pattern lock on Android devices.
1. Unlock pattern lock with Dr. Frone
Dr. Frone is one of the helpful tools to recover any kind of lock on your Android device.
It is an advanced software tool that will let you repair your Android device without harming any content present in it.
Want to learn how to unlock pattern lock using Dr. Frone? Check out the steps given below.
- Download and install Dr Frone on your computer.
- Launch the software and click on the Screen unlock option on the home screen.
- Connect your phone with the computer and click on the Unlock Android screen button.
- Turn your phone off and long-press the power and volume down key button at the same time.
- Now, press the volume up key to enter the download mode on your device.
The software will detect your device and enter the download mode. Then the process of downloading the recovery package will start.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to unlock your device.
- Once the downloading gets completed, disconnect the device and access it to see whether it gets unlocked or not.
2. How to unlock pattern lock in a safe mode
It is one of the easiest ways to unlock your Android device. Remember that it might not work if you’re using your phone’s native lock feature.
All you have to do is follow the steps shown below.
- Long-press the power key on your device to get the power off button on your screen.
- Tap and hold the power off button to reboot your device into safe mode.
- Click on the Ok button to restart your device into safe mode.
- After your device restarts in a safe mode, a third-party lock screen will disappear from your device.
- Then, you can go to the settings, tap on apps and remove the third-party app as well.
3. Unlock the pattern lock with the Android device manager
You can also take the assistance of an Android device manager to unlock the pattern lock.
Below are the steps you can follow to unlock the pattern lock with the Android device manager.
- Visit the website https://www.google.com/android/find and log in to your credentials.
A list of devices connected to your Google account will show up on your screen.
- Select your device and tap on the Lock from the three options showing on your screen.
- Type the new password and write a recovery message if you want to.
- Click on the Lock button and exit the website.
Now, access your device to check if your problem gets resolved.
4. Unlock the pattern lock with a Factory data reset
If none of the above ways works, the only option left in your hand is factory data reset.
Yeah, it will lose you all your essential photos and documents on your device. But there is no other option left.
You can perform these steps to unlock the pattern lock with a factory data reset.
- Turn off your device.
- Now, you have to long-press the power, home and volume up keys to enter the recovery mode in your device.
A screen like DOS will appear on your device.
- Use the volume up and down keys to scroll down and click on the Data/factory reset option depending on your device.
- Confirm it by clicking on the Yes button.
- Now, wait until your phone completes the factory data reset process.
- After completing the process, your phone will get a reboot.
Now, you can access your device without any pattern lock.
By following the ways shown in this article, I hope you understand how to unlock pattern lock on your device. I’ll recommend you try the other methods first and then get on the factory data reset. Because as I mentioned earlier, it will lose you all your essential data.