Have you ever been in a situation where all of a sudden your PDF file doesn’t respond and receives “not a PDF or corrupted” message again and again? If yes, then this article is especially for you, so read the whole article carefully and apply these solutions in order to solve this problem.
Many users once in a while encountered the PDF corruption in their daily life that doesn’t allow them to access the file by stating these lines in the message: ‘There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired‘.
Also, Read – How to Add Signature in PDF
This is a nerve-racking situation for any user as they may have some important or crucial data present in that PDF file which is now impossible to access. As the corrupt PDF file blocks the user to view multimedia or graphics contents available in that PDF file and you can access only the written information or even blank page. So we can conclude that if you are receiving an error message on your screen then your PDF file is either damaged or got corrupted. In this article, we will discuss the different methods and reasons behind this error. So let’s get started with the reasons for getting PDF corrupted.
The reason behind Error “not a PDF or Corrupted”
– Some of the common reasons behind getting the PDF corrupted are written below-
1. If your PDF documents get attacked by the Virus.
2. If you have downloaded the incomplete PDF document in poor internet connectivity or download the long PDF document which is prone to corruption.
3. Or if you shut down your system in an improper way or immediately abort the application, an inaccurate way to download or upload the PDF file, etc. will lead to corruption in the PDF file.
Manual Remedies for solving PDF file is damaged and could not be repaired Issue
- Decrypt the PDF Files while sending them with an email.
In this type of condition, you should delete the PDF file and then again perform the process of the download.
- Use new version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Sometimes users use the older version of the reader for viewing PDF files. So it is necessary for the user to re-install Adobe Reader by using the steps that are written below:
- First, tap on the Start button
- Then, click on the Control panel
- After that, browse the Adobe Reader and put the Right-tap on it
- Now, Tap on the option of Uninstall and perform the process of uninstalling the reader.
- Then reboot the system through restarting it
- Then, visit the official website of Adobe and install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Finally, you can open the PDF file
Case 3: if the Adobe Reader Program is damaged
If your Adobe Reader got damaged then it can be one of the reasons that the PDF file is unable to open. Therefore, you need to repair Adobe Reader. You can repair the reader by following these steps:
- First, visit the Control Panel
- Then, search the Adobe or Acrobat Reader
- After that, tap on the Help option
- Finally, tap on the Repair Program Installation option
If still you are unable to perform these methods or you want something more quick and simple then you can use the third-party tool to fix this error.
This blog will help you in solving the issue of “not a PDF or corrupted”
in a simple and easy manner. All you have to do is just follow these methods and you will get the result. As manual methods are complex in nature and take a lot of time therefore, you can rely on the alternative tool that is designed with a smart algorithm and is a user-friendly tool.